Leadership Fort Dodge
The 2022-2023 Leadership Fort Dodge program is full and is no longer accepting applications.
The Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance Leadership Program helps participants learn about the community through professional presentations, tours of businesses and agencies, and interaction with local and state leaders. Our mission is to develop dynamic leaders that are qualified and focused on the future. This interactive experience provides background information and the necessary tools to be a positive presence in the community.
This program lasts from September to May, and the Leadership Fort Dodge class spends the second Thursday of every month discussing pertinent topics in the community. Through this program, participants gain the knowledge that they need to get involved in the community and business community.
Topics Discussed: History and Demographics, Health and Human Services, Civic Engagement, Media, Education, Public Safety, Local Government, State Government, Recreation and Arts & Culture, Economic Development, and Agriculture.
What participants have said about the Leadership Fort Dodge program:
"After seeing all that Fort Dodge both needs and has to offer, I am very excited to get involved!"
"Thank you for the experience of a lifetime with this class! It was incredible and absolutely invaluable!"
"Every class was full of great information. One of the greatest things offered to professionals in Fort Dodge."
"I learned so much not only about Fort Dodge and the community, but also about myself. The connections and friendships through this program has given me a much stronger tie to this community and all of the positive things about it."
2022-2023 Program Information:
Applications will be accepted beginning May 31st on a first-come, first-served basis.
The program is only open to 28 participants and requires a fee of $400.
What does the price of tuition include?
- Approximately 8-10 hours of leadership development training during the course of 9 classes.
- An enhanced understanding and appreciation of the region.
- Behind-the-scenes tours of various businesses and industries in the Greater Fort Dodge region.
- The opportunity to network and build relationships with other participants and to engage and connect with numerous community leaders from the Greater Fort Dodge region including city and county leaders, business and industry leaders, etc.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the community through organized service projects.
- The chance to join a network of over 450 Leadership Fort Dodge alumni upon completion of the program.
- Tuition also covers program materials, professional speakers, transportation, orientation, and graduation luncheons.
For more information, please call 515-955-5500 or e-mail Jill Nelson.
Leadership Fort Dodge 2021-2022 Participants: