|Job Title:||Engineering Technician|
|Company:||Van Diest Supply Company|
Perform a variety of tasks as assigned the by Plant Engineer including drawing plans, consulting with company personnel and outside contractors concerning construction projects and plant modification projects, and maintaining equipment files.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist the Plant Engineer in planning and implementing building projects, in-house plant changes, and equipment modifications.
2. Draw plans for improvements and ‘as built’ drawings when a project is completed as directed by the Plant Engineer.
3. Keep plant and utilities plats up to date.
4. Do research for the Plant Engineer for equipment and materials.
5. Provide estimates of material and equipment needed for projects as directed by the Plant Engineer.
6. Assist the parts room to procure quotes from vendors for equipment and materials as directed by the Plant Engineer.
7. Provide cost estimates and actual tracking for projects and improvements as directed by the Plant Engineer.
8. Work with the parts room to order repair parts for specific equipment, new equipment, and materials for specific projects as directed by the Plant Engineer.
9. Schedule meetings with outside contractors, the maintenance manager, the physical facilities manager, the plant manager, and other department managers to coordinate the work on projects and improvements as directed by the Plant Engineer.
10. Write procedures for specific areas of construction where clarification may be needed.
11. Monitor work progress and materials needed on specific projects as directed by the Plant Engineer.
12. Establish and maintain files for operator manuals, parts breakdown, and technical information on all plant equipment.
13. Display a positive attitude toward job, co-workers, and the Company.
14. Work with an aim toward maximum productivity and the highest standard of quality. Search for ways to increase efficiency and reduce costs. Report ideas for cost savings to the Plant Engineer.
15. Work safely. Obey all safety rules including wearing necessary safety equipment. Protect your safety and the safety of others.
16. Develop Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), P&IDs, 3D model and electrical /control schematics
17. Design and develop general arrangement drawings for mechanical equipment and structural support.
Work under the direction of the Plant Engineer. Be self-motivated; have good communication, people, and problem solving skills. Be able to plan and organize daily work with minimum supervision. Work hours are generally 7:00 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. unless otherwise directed by the Plant Engineer or the Director of Support Services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1) Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
2) AutoCAD: Standard, P&ID, Plant 3D
3) Microsoft Visio (Desired, not required)
4) AutoCAD Revit (Desired, not required)
|Salary:||Based on Experience|
TO APPLY: Please apply in person at Van Diest Supply Company
1434 220th Street
Webster City, Iowa
Please mention the position applying for.
Copyright© 2016, Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance, All Rights Reserved.