Iowa is Pro-Business! The Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance Promotes Economic Development Week!
10 May 2023
Economic Development Week (EDW) is an annual celebration focused on the work organizations like the Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance undertake to promote growth and prosperity for their residents. By highlighting the work of economic developers, EDW seeks to create awareness of their role in helping businesses and communities thrive.
This year, EDW will be observed from May 8th to May 12th to recognize the positive impact of economic development and its professionals on the communities they serve. Greater Fort Dodge is taking this opportunity to highlight the pro-business climate of Iowa and Webster County.
Iowa is Business-Friendly and Open to Opportunity
Businesses in Iowa enjoy:
- No property taxes on personal property or inventories
- No sales or use taxes on energy used directly and primarily in the manufacturing process
- No sales or use taxes on materials used in the manufacturing process
- No sales or use taxes on industrial machinery & equipment
- No property taxes on industrial machinery & equipment
- Single factor (profits from sales in Iowa only) corporate income tax apportionment reduced to a flat 5.5% tax rate
- Lowering personal income tax rates to a flat 3.9% rate by 2026
- Right-to-Work state
Webster County Economic Development Highlights
The Webster County Conservation Board and the City of Fort Dodge have been awarded $4,000,000 toward the Central River District Park and Discovery Center. The award represents 17 percent of the total project investment of $19,906,495. The center will offer meeting spaces, indoor and outdoor classrooms, an extensive interpretive area, and a scenic overlook with views of the Des Moines River. The project includes a 1.3-acre stormwater treatment wetland and in-stream recreational features such as a whitewater drop, fishing pools, and access points.
In 2022, the Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) gave the City of Fort Dodge final approval of $17 million as part of the Iowa Reinvestment District Program. The $17 million award has been allocated to support the redevelopment of Corridor Plaza, including the former Crossroads Mall, associated infrastructure, indoor/outdoor event space, and complementary retail, hotel, and meeting space.
How Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance Assists
The benefits of Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance membership are comprehensive and numerous.
The Growth Alliance offers a complete toolbox for the marketing and promotion of your business.
- “My Business, My Alliance Ad” gives you a $300 ad in The Messenger for a member rate of $35.
- Receive a business link to the Growth Alliance website.
- Receive mailing list access to extend your marketing reach to other Growth Alliance members.
- Receive weekly “Enews” electronic newsletter publications.
- Have access to ribbon-cutting services.
- Be a “New Member Spotlight” in the “Monthly Business Connection.”
- Promote your business in our conference room display case for an entire month.
- Submit your business news to be featured on our website, Enews, and social media.
- Promote your business or organization by advertising in the welcome bags given to our new residents.
Tools to Grow Your Business
Growth Alliance members gain access to the tools, resources, and assistance they need to grow their businesses.
- Community and economic data such as workforce, laborshed, and annual reports are available.
- The free Job/Resume Database tool allows you to advertise available jobs and view job seekers’ posted resumes.
- Be notified of legislation and policy development.
- Our programs, events, and ribbon cuttings provide networking opportunities.
- You can develop your employees into leaders through the Leadership Fort Dodge program and other training and professional development opportunities.
- Use one of our trained tour guides to show your new employees or potential hires around the community.
- Receive priority referrals from the Growth Alliance because we only refer members.
Membership in the Growth Alliance includes discounts and perks to help you cut costs and save money.
- WoodRiver Energy Member Benefit Program can allow members to save 5 percent on their natural gas costs.
- Access to a bulk mail stamp saves money on your mailings.
- Access to reserve one of our four conference rooms at no charge.
- Advertising discounts are available with local media outlets.
- Access Buena Vista University program enrollment discounts.
- Insurance discounts may be available for members (check with your insurance provider to see if you qualify).
Opportunities for Networking and Involvement
Involvement in the Growth Alliance opens the door to a world of opportunity through networking with other business leaders and community members, enhancing your skills, and expanding your knowledge and growth.
- Serve on a Growth Alliance committee and share your expertise.
- Volunteer at events or as a tour guide.
- Sponsor a hole or gather a team for the Growth Alliance Annual Golf Outing, the region's largest golf tournament.
- Attend the many events, programs, and ribbon cuttings throughout the year.
Contact Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance Today!
Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance is proud of our membership and the strength of our community. Check out our current members already investing in our region and benefiting from our many perks.
Ready for more information? Call 515-955-5500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!