National Small Business Week: How Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance Helps Its Members
3 May 2022
For more than 50 years, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has celebrated National Small Business Week (NSBW) at the beginning of May to recognize the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners. In the Fort Dodge, Iowa, region, local “mom and pop” shops, start-ups, and small businesses are recognized as the pillars of our community and the engine of our economy. The Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance appreciates NSBW as an excellent time to refresh our business community’s knowledge of the support we offer through membership. Membership is an investment in the growth of the region and our community. Membership for small businesses is only $25 per month!
Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance Member Perks
The benefits of Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance membership are comprehensive and numerous.
The Growth Alliance offers a complete toolbox for the marketing and promotion of your business.
- “My Business, My Alliance Ad” gives you a $300 ad in The Messenger for a member rate of $35.
- Receive a business link to the Growth Alliance website.
- Receive mailing list access to extend your marketing reach to other Growth Alliance members.
- Receive weekly “Enews” electronic newsletter publications.
- Have access to ribbon-cutting services.
- Be a “New Member Spotlight” in the “Monthly Business Connection.”
- Promote your business in our conference room display case for an entire month.
- Submit your business news to be featured on our website, Enews, and social media.
- Promote your business or organization by advertising in the welcome bags given to our new residents.
Tools to Grow Your Business
Growth Alliance members gain access to the tools, resources, and assistance you need to grow your business.
- Community and economic data such as workforce, laborshed, and annual reports are available.
- The free Job/Resume Database tool allows you to advertise available jobs and view job seekers’ posted resumes.
- Be notified of legislation and policy development.
- Our programs, events, and ribbon cuttings provide networking opportunities.
- You can develop your employees into leaders through the Leadership Fort Dodge program and other training and professional development opportunities.
- Use one of our trained tour guides to show your new employees or potential hires around the community.
- Receive priority referrals from the Growth Alliance because we only refer members.
Membership in the Growth Alliance includes discounts and perks that can help you cut costs and save money.
- WoodRiver Energy Member Benefit Program can allow members to save 5 percent on their natural gas costs.
- Access to a bulk mail stamp allows you to save money on your mailings.
- Access to reserve one of our four conference rooms at no charge.
- Advertising discounts are available with local media outlets.
- Access Buena Vista University program enrollment discounts.
- Insurance discounts may be available for members (check with your insurance provider to see if you qualify).
Opportunities for Networking and Involvement
Involvement in the Growth Alliance opens the door to a world of opportunity through networking with other business leaders and community members, enhancing your skills, and expanding your knowledge and growth.
- Serve on a Growth Alliance committee and share your expertise.
- Volunteer at events or as a tour guide.
- Sponsor a hole or gather a team for the Growth Alliance Annual Golf Outing, the region's largest golf tournament.
- Attend the many events, programs, and ribbon cuttings throughout the year.
Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance is Ready to Assist
Greater Fort Dodge Growth Alliance is proud of our membership and the strength of our community. Check out our current members who are already investing in our region and benefiting from our many perks.
Ready for more information? Call 515-955-5500 or email email@example.com today!